What did you think? Many of the sins of X-Men movies past seem corrected:
- Halle Berre lackluster acting as the center point (X3)? She's barely here!
- Lackluster badguy with no serious powers (X2)? Sentinels!
- No emotional conflict tying the characters together (X3)? Trails abound in the trailer!
- Total misuse of comic backstory (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)? This looks deeply embedded in the source material.
- No Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellen (X-Men: First Class)? This movie has EVERYONE in it!
The depiction of various mutant powers continues to impress me as both graphically impressive and also tied to story. There's also a quick look at Quicksilver in the background of the shot at 1:10 that doesn't look half as bad as it did in the still shot on a recent magazine cover.
Yes…I'm loathe to drink the X-Men kook-aid again after the debacle that was X3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine...but X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine have convinced me that perhaps the ship has been righted.
Here's to hoping again.